W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-canvas-api@w3.org > April to June 2014

RE: Minutes: Canvas Accessibility Sub Group Teleconference, 02 JUN 2014

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 15:51:18 +0000
To: Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com>
CC: Mark Sadecki <mark@w3.org>, HTML A11Y TF Public <public-html-a11y@w3.org>, "public-canvas-api@w3.org" <public-canvas-api@w3.org>
Message-ID: <6d79b17ec15d49f5a024129808de9fcd@BL2PR03MB418.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
> JM: be great if you could include some information on the role  and responsibilities of the TF facilitator

See the A11Y TF as an example: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/html-task-force

'"The Facilitators set agenda, lead meetings, determine consensus, and are the primary liaison to the WGs."


Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Sadecki [mailto:mark@w3.org] 
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2014 9:19 PM
To: HTML A11Y TF Public; public-canvas-api@w3.org
Subject: Minutes: Canvas Accessibility Sub Group Teleconference, 02 JUN 2014


The minutes for the Canvas Accessibility Sub Group Teleconference 02 JUN 2014 are available in HTML and plain text below.  Supporting information for this Sub Group can be found on the wiki: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Canvas

HTML: http://www.w3.org/2014/06/02-html-a11y-minutes.html


      [1] http://www.w3.org/

             Canvas Accessibility Sub Group Teleconference

02 Jun 2014

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2014/06/02-html-a11y-irc


          MarkS, jaymunro, cabanier

          Mark Sadecki



     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Implementation Update
         2. [5]Future of Canvas Sub Group
         3. [6]Stabilizing Level 2
         4. [7]Testing
         5. [8]Next Meeting
     * [9]Summary of Action Items

   <trackbot> Date: 02 June 2014

   <scribe> Meeting: Canvas Accessibility Sub-Group

   <scribe> scribe: MarkS

Implementation Update

   MS: Saw that FF Nightly is supporting drawFocus and Hit Regions

   RC: drawFocus will come out from behind flag in about a week.
   ... Samsung will be adding support for Hit Regions to Blink

   <cabanier> jinho.bang@samsung.com

   <cabanier> google review:

     [10] https://codereview.chromium.org/300223009/

   RC: jin ho to implement and dominic to review i think

   MS: and rio you submitted patches to webkit?

   RC: only for draw focus

Future of Canvas Sub Group

   MS: The HTML WG Chairs have decided to convert the current
   sub-group to a Canvas Task Force under the HTML WG. They have
   requested that we compose a draft scope for the Task Force and
   to nominate one or more facilitators to be considered by the WG
   ... TF participants?
   ... Jin Ho?
   ... Jatinder
   ... Dominic
   ... Rich S
   ... we would probably send out a general recruitment email
   ... I will start preparing a scope document and email it around
   for feedback.

   JM: be great if you could include some information on the role
   and responsibilities of the TF facilitator

Stabilizing Level 2

   MS: the Staff Contacts for HTML were not a fan of stabilizing a
   level 2 and starting a level 3 for cherry picking.

   JM: I think we could work this way.
   ... not sure what happens if we mark a section has do not
   change and the WHAT WG spec changes, would we get notified?

   MS: I could follow up to see if there is a way we can monitor
   changes like that

   JM: there is a report that highlights changes of interest to
   canvas editors. would be great if those could still happen even
   if they didn't land so we could evaluate the changes.

   RC: I think we move forward like this.

   JM: in the past, we had our own draft, separate from the main

   MS: we can create heartbeat drafts every 6 months or so
   ... and mark sections as experimental or under development

   JM: brought changes from L1 to L2, Hit Regions to a certain
   extend and drawFocus.
   ... Rik, you had mentioned other sections that need to be
   brought into sync

   RC: that was when I thought we would be branching
   ... i think we need to branch

   MS: I think we have to work in master branch

   JM: we can just mark sections as experimental

   <cabanier> sections of concern: new APIs on Path2D that combine
   paths and work with text

   <cabanier> mention of canvas workers




   RC: Mike smith wrote some tests

   MS: I'll follow up with Mike to find out what he thinks our
   testing coverage is

Next Meeting

   next meeting is June 16th

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [12]scribe.perl version
    1.138 ([13]CVS log)
    $Date: 2014-06-03 01:09:19 $

     [12] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [13] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 4 June 2014 15:51:53 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:31:57 UTC