Re: [whatwg] CanvasRenderingContext2D with addPath, currentPath

From: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 17:10:21 -0800
To: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Cc: "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org>, "whatwg@whatwg.org" <whatwg@whatwg.org>, "public-canvas-api@w3.org" <public-canvas-api@w3.org>
On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > Does this mean that ctx.currentPath != ctx.currentPath?
>>
>> Yes
>>
>> > That's bad!
>>
>> Why would it be bad (apart from being different)?
>>

> It's strange to say "foo.bar.baz = 1" (ctx.currentPath.baz = 1), and for
> foo.bar.baz to not be 1 the next time you look.  It's also confusing if you
> use it as a Map key.

OK. It sounds like this is implemented incorrectly in WebKit then.
IF we were to implement giving access to the current path, it makes little
sense to give access to the one that is actively managed by the canvas
rendering context (= returning it as an attribute) so we should provide
get/setCurrentPath methods.