Re: new arcTo parameters

From: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 14:45:39 -0700
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Cc: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>, "public-canvas-api@w3.org" <public-canvas-api@w3.org>
On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:

> Charles Pritchard:
>
>  We could dictionary it; seems to be the fashion and that would get our
>> try-catch  trigger working.
>>

> That would be an improvement, but I think half of the problem is that it
> is not intuitive what "large-arc" and "sweep" mean (the names the gives
> those two flags).  Not sure where try-catch comes in.

The try/catch comes from being able to detect if your version of canvas
supports the new arcTo call. With the current proposal, an author has to
look at the browser revision to figure this out.

I agree that the SVG definition is confusing, but the new arcTo API is
confusing too.
Maybe there's just no way to make it easy and we just have to document it
well (with example code)

Rik