Re: new arcTo parameters

On 8/21/2012 2:25 PM, Rik Cabanier wrote:

> While looking through the new spec, I noticed that arcTo now takes 2
> optional commands: RadiusY and rotation.
>

> SVG has 2 more parameters that give you even more control (see the
> spec for details). Would it make sense to add those as well?
>
> 1: http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/paths.html#PathDataEllipticalArcCommands

We've been using curves instead of arcTo, on my projects.
I'm fairly neutral on this.

Is there an appropriate way to feature test that changes to arcTo are
present/supported?

I do like the idea of arcTo being even closer to SVG.
There seems to be full consensus that an item like: context.svgPath('A
rx ry x-axis-rotation large-arc-flag sweep-flag x y') ought to be supported.
We could just have that SVG string path method without altering the
current signature of methods.

Benefits there are continued stability of the API, compatibility with
existing distributions, and a focus on supporting SVG paths through a
single string-based method.

-Charles