Re: Canvas issue with noscript

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 12:26:27 +0000
To: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
Cc: software@informaction.com, Canvas <public-canvas-api@w3.org>
On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 2:33 AM, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com> wrote:
> We need a means for noscript to show the fallback content of the Canvas
> element.
> http://noscript.net/

[snip]

> I'd really--really-- like NoScript to work well in this situation.

Given noscript allows selective activation of scripts by domain, and
given that the origin of the script may be different from that of the
DOM containing the canvas, what might the UI for this look like?

> Currently, I use some very nasty CSS and JS hacks to get the appropriate
> effect.

What do you currently do?

Can you point to a live example?

What stops you create the <canvas> node from the script that is going
to make it work, rather than putting it into the DOM before you know
that script will execute?

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis