Re: Canvas positioning issue - possible solution (feedback requested).

From: Dominic Mazzoni <dmazzoni@google.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 15:37:38 -0800
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Cc: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>, david.bolter@gmail.com, franko@microsoft.com, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, public-canvas-api@w3.org, public-html@w3.org, public-html-a11y@w3.org
On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> - If you use CSS you have to do all the coordinate transformations yourself.

This seems like the best argument to me. It doesn't make sense to
require developers to try to do this calculation, and plus it means
that they'd almost certainly have to use code, not static markup
anyway.

> we can work on some code. ... as I said nothing is executable yet of course

Of course...but maybe it could be simulated with a "fake"
implementation in pure JavaScript that shows what the end result might
look like visually?

Even code that doesn't execute would be useful, though.

- Dominic