Re: canvas API changes to drive magnification

Hi Rich,

On 09/03/10 2:01 PM, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:
> canDrawFocus is specific to<canvas>. The areamap would not be rendered if
> it were used as the shadow DOM for canvas.

Yeah. It isn't really rendered for image maps either (just the visual
focus shapes). I guess it depends on what we mean by 'rendered'.

>   Are you thinking that the
> browser uses the area map coordinates to draw the rectangle on the canvas?

The thought crossed my mind, but I don't know if this is best. Basically
I want to know if the idea is that author is always responsible for
visually indicating focus/caret. If they are, then "drawFocusRing"
should maybe be something more like "setFocusRing" right? (Here I am
assuming it is the author who calls the function -- but I'm not 100%
sure if that is the intent).

What do others think?

cheers,
David