Clarification on Canvas Section 3.10

From: Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 07:28:52 +0000
To: "public-canvas-api@w3.org" <public-canvas-api@w3.org>
Hi,

As we continue to review the Canvas 2D API Specification [1] we came across an issue in Section 3.10 Images. In the spec, the following text appears:

    "If the second argument is not one of the allowed values, throws a SYNTAX_ERR exception."

If you take a look at the function definitions for drawImage in this section, the second argument, dx, is the x coordinate of the destination Canvas where the image is to be drawn. This is a number. Does the SYNTAX_ERR exception occur when a non-number is given as an argument? Or was this statement intended for the first argument?

If this statement was intended for the dx coordinate, it probably should also apply to the other arguments passed in that determine dimensions of the source image and destination Canvas.

Thank you,
Jatinder

[1] http://dev.w3.org/html5/canvas-api/canvas-2d-api.html

Jatinder Mann | Microsoft Program Manager | jmann@microsoft.com