Agenda: HTML 5 Canvas Accessibility Meeting January 25, 2010

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:36:18 -0600
To: "public-canvas-api@w3.org" <public-canvas-api@w3.org>, david.bolter@gmail.co, jcraig@apple.com, David Singer <singer@apple.com>, janina@rednote.net, cooper@w3.org
1. HTML 5 Canvas Accessibility Meeting

Monday, 2010-1-25
Time: 3:00pm-4:00pm Boston local
Name: WAI_PFWG(CANVAS)
Code: 92473 ("WAIPF")
One time

irc channel= #html-a11y

Note: I am sending this out to give people notice of Monday's repeating
meeting. The agenda may change based on Friday HTML5 working group
discussions which I have not yet reviewed due to travel.

Agenda:

1. Identify Scribe
2. Any issues with time slot
3. Shadow DOM - (what should element should we call it? <access>?)

4. Media Query application to canvas for alternative renderings and
fallback renderings for non-supporting browsers
- use of media types as attributes vs. elements (HTML 5 uses elements)
- Impact on the fallback DOM
- Impact of having a shadow DOM - How can we avoid it's being rendered for
non-supporting browsers without a huge burden on the author?

5. Canvas fall back impact for non-supporting browsers

6. JavaScript method for focus setting/focus ring (Steve F. what issues
remain?)

Rich