Re: Canvas shadow DOM question for interactive HTML5 elements

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 18:01:37 -0600
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: David Bolter <dbolter@mozilla.com>, Frank Olivier <franko@microsoft.com>, James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>, public-canvas-api <public-canvas-api@w3.org>

This is consistent with Mozilla and Microsoft. Thank you Maciej.

Rich Schwerdtfeger

             Maciej Stachowiak
             <mjs@apple.com>
             01/21/2010 05:19          James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>
                                       David Bolter <dbolter@mozilla.com>,
                                       Frank Olivier
                                       <franko@microsoft.com>,
                                       public-canvas-api
                                       <public-canvas-api@w3.org>, Richard
                                       Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Canvas shadow DOM question for
                                       interactive HTML5 elements

On Jan 21, 2010, at 11:27 AM, James Craig wrote:

      I'm going to defer to Maciej on this question, since this changes the
      standard focus model.

It would not be a major problem for us to have elements in the <canvas>
subdom get focus without being rendered. It doesn't work that way today,
but I can't see any major technical obstacles. Providing a caret location
for non-rendered content may be a little trickier, but is also doable.

Regards,
Maciej