Re: handling focus

On 18/11/09 9:26 PM, James Craig wrote:
> On Nov 17, 2009, at 2:56 AM, Steven Faulkner wrote:
>

>> How do AT such as screen magnifiers provide focus highlighting of interactive parts of the canvas if native focus is not provided?
>> How are they able to follow and bring currently focused elements into the viewport if there  focus is not programmatically exposed provided?
>>
> That's can be done with standard CSS positioning on the interactive elements in the shadow DOM. I'll update the proof-of-concept to include that use case. I can't promise it before the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday though.

This is a creative idea and reminds me of a very similar technique we
had used for Dojo widgets, whereby we put a real, transparent input
control overtop of the pretty dojo control, and the user (unknowingly)
interacted with the real input. The pretty dojo control responded to the
real input state and as such was really just a 'rendering' of that was
going on. I think this mirrors what you want to try for canvas here.

cheers,
David