Re: What is the Semantic Web about. One opinion.

     Hello, All,

  The author contrasts "linked data" and "AI". These are the two
extreme ends of a spectrum where the most useful applications may be
found in the middle.

  Linking data is very simple if the only requirement is to have it
linked. Only additional requirements make it more interesting, and it
is not clear whether the author has any in mind.

  Since ideas are in constant flux, trying to trace back ideas is
inherently ambiguous, and conscious loyalty to the original vision is
usually counter-productive. Theoretical physicists sometimes like to
say that Einstein's Special Relativity was already contained in
Maxwell's Equations, but that is clearly misleading, since it was not
generally anticipated to follow back then.

  I'm not sure "Web 3.0" has any established meaning other than
"whatever comes after Web 2.0". Maybe we will call it "Web 2010"
instead, or "Web Ocul".

     Take care
     Oliver

--
Oliver Ruebenacker, Computational Cell Biologist
BioPAX Integration at Virtual Cell (http://vcell.org/biopax)