Re: Semantic Web Gathering

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 12:10:53 -0500
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Cc: public-cambridge-sem-web@w3.org, sally@ecommerce-land.com, timbl@w3.org

Kingley Idehen wrote:

> This event is a "W3C member only" gathering,

Really?  I had thought this was intended as an informal community
gathering open to more or less anyone.  As I recall, the inspiration came
in part from Tim BL saying "gee, there are a lot of folks in the greater
Cambridge/Boston area who have a real interest in the semantic web;  it
would be good to get them together regularly."   Maybe I'm misinformed.

Noah

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street