unhandled prompts

From: John Jansen <John.Jansen@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2018 22:26:30 +0000
To: "public-browser-tools-testing@w3.org" <public-browser-tools-testing@w3.org>
Good afternoon everyone,

During TPAC we discussed adding for user prompt behavior. This because an issue in github.[1]

That issue kind of morphed a bit, I think. @Whimboo changed the title from "Review commands to ensure that user prompt handler is called" to "Element retrieval commands do not invoke the user prompt handler".

This was a mistake, I believe. My understanding of the minutes was that this review should include any/all end-points (modulo some characteristics).[2]

Specifically, I think the change needs to address "Take Screenshot" and "Take Element Screenshot". There are current test case failures due to prompts showing up.[3] It seems to me like we should also handle any user prompts during these two commands. Since the issue [1] was morphed a bit and closed, should I just open a new issue for these two specific commands?

Thanks!
-John

[1] https://github.com/w3c/webdriver/issues/1086
[2] https://www.w3.org/2018/10/26-webdriver-minutes.html#item09