Re: Action for moving a pointer device by an offset

On 07/01/17 21:50, Simon Stewart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm busy implementing a local end for the Actions part of the spec. In
> Selenium, there's a method for moving the primary pointer input source by a
> given offset:
>
> https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium/blob/selenium-3.0.1/java/client/src/org/openqa/selenium/interactions/Actions.java#L286
>
> The interesting thing to note is that this simply updates the current input
> state for the pointer input source --- it doesn't need an target webelement
> to be set.
>
> In the spec
> <https://www.w3.org/TR/webdriver/#dfn-process-a-pointer-move-action>, it's
> considered an error if the element is not specified, which means that the
> existing selenium API can't be implemented.

That certainly isn't the intent, and I can't immediately see why you
think that's the case, although it's certainly possible that there's a
bug I'm missing.

What is true is that we only support absolute x and y coordinates, not
coordinates relative to the current pointer position. This was agreed in
Seattle, although I don't remember all the detailed arguments offhand.
Maybe the meeting minutes are illuminating?