Re: Implicit Wait

I am not a fan of the implicit wait system. It's completely redundant with some basic polling logic in a client library.
They are maybe the most obnoxious inversion between driver and library responsibility in the entire protocol.

(I am as not familiar with the legacy considerations as the Mozilla folks are, but...)

It should be possible today to shim from implicit-wait to no-wait transparently in a client library by setting implicit wait
to zero and shaking out logic bugs in the library well before any driver implementation removes implicit wait.

As an implementor, I am eager to make the driver less stateful by getting rid of implicit waits. That said, I
have to support them anyway in the legacy protocol, so users can always fall back if they can't upgrade the client library
or the client library doesn't support W3C.

	-Brian