Re: Response data should always be in a top-level "value" property.

Sent from my iPhone
> On Oct 4, 2016, at 07:03, James Graham <james@hoppipolla.co.uk> wrote:
> As I said, if this is really something that people think is worth changing I won't object. But at this stage I really think reversing an explicit years-old consensus decision about a fundamental part of the protocol design should require actual "broad consensus" which means getting explicit approval on the list from most implementors. If there is no bar to revisiting old decisions we will never get done.

Very well, if it's explicit approval you'd like to see, then as an author and maintainer of an existing implementation, I wholeheartedly endorse this change. I supported it more than a year ago when I submitted a pull request that was roundly rejected for not caring about compatibility with existing implementations. So yes, I approve.