Re: 3 interesting bugs

Simon & Clay,

Simon Stewart <simon.m.stewart@gmail.com> writes:

> My personal feeling is that if someone decides to wander into the
> world of pain that's interacting outside of the browser, then it's
> fine for that to be completely undefined behaviour.

If another program steals focus, which might happen at any time and of
no direct consequence of an automation step taken by WebDriver, the
specification says explicitly, under chapter 8 on ‘Command Contexts’:

> In accordance with the focus section of the [HTML] specification,
> commands are unaffected by whether the operating system window has
> focus or not.

Simon says:

> Having said that, freezing is less than ideal. :)

Yes.  If an action performed by WebDriver causes the browser to freeze,
that implementation isn’t in conformance with the specification.