RE: Session ID in responses

Agreed that it shouldn’t be a big change as the user also makes the request to the session id so having context on what session id to return should be trivial.

From: Simon Stewart [mailto:simon.m.stewart@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2016 1:36 PM
To: public-browser-tools-testing <public-browser-tools-testing@w3.org>
Subject: Session ID in responses

Hi,

The original JSON wire protocol used by selenium webdriver included the session id in every response. I think we should do the same thing in the W3C webdriver protocol.

The advantage this offers is that it means that there's no need for an intermediary node to pair up requests and responses, instead just keeping track of the various sessions being run (opening up some nice queue-based possible implementations that would otherwise need additional book-keeping). From an end-node point of view, the session ID is known anyway[1], so adding this to each response shouldn't be onerous.

Thoughts?

Simon

[1] I assume. I'd need to actually read more code to be certain :)