RE: old-tests and WebDriver

Thank you for such a quick response. I'll take a look at this today.

*-----Original Message-----
*From: Andreas Tolfsen [mailto:ato@mozilla.com]
*Sent: Friday, May 6, 2016 7:50 AM
*To: public-browser-tools-testing@w3.org
*Subject: Re: old-tests and WebDriver
*
*Hi John!
*
*On Fri, 6 May 2016, at 15:38, John Jansen wrote:
*> I was just looking at the webdriver test suite on the W3C[1] and
*> realized it was moved to a new repo called "old-tests"[2].
*>
*> I think that's a good idea because then we can move only the tests
*> that matter for the spec back into the webdriver repo.
*
*Yes, exactly. There are definitely valuable tests in there that we should port
*over. I don’t imagine porting the tests themselves is very hard work, but we
*need to ensure they are testing the algorithms exactly as they are laid out in
*the specification.
*
*Obviously the specification has improved since some of these tests were
*written, so we will need to re-check that they are testing the correct things
*during review.
*
*> However, I'm not sure
*> about the best way to proceed. I could not find any instructions for
*> how the new integration with wptrunner works. Are there instructions
*> somewhere I can follow? I want to help get the tests moved over before
*> the F2F if possible.
*
*I wrote a little bit about this change in https://sny.no/2016/05/wdspec.

*
*Integrating our tests with wptrunner lets browser vendors more easily run the
*tests in their respective CIs. For each combination of test type and browser,
*there needs to be an “executor” that knows how to execute a particular type
*of test for a given browser.
*
*I have so far added support for Firefox and Alan Jeffrey of Mozilla Research
*has submitted a patch that is currently in review to add support for Servo in
*https://github.com/w3c/wptrunner/pull/188. What we need to do is add a
*wdspec test executor also for IE and Chrome.
*
*Running the tests is no different to running other WPT tests. To limit the
*selected tests to just wdspec tests, that is the tests living inside
*/webdriver/**/*.py, you can pass the `--test-type wdspec` flag.