Re: Controlling the browser environment/settings

On 27/03/14 15:33, David Burns wrote:
> I have never tried it but I fully expect WebDriver to get a little upset
> by this (note I havent tried this). With WebDriver, from the OSS world
> and from Marionette, we expect there to be a network so that we can
> speak to the browser (with FirefoxDriver we need to communicate with
> httpd.js and with Marionette we go in via the remote debugger).

So this seems like a huge problem for the Glorious Future in which
webapps deal gracefully with various combinations of online and offline.
Basically what we need here is the ability to make content believe there
is no network connection whilst allowing privileged code like WebDriver
to continue to use the network. Then we need API surface in WebDriver to
allow us to switch content between online and offline modes. Without
this it simply isn't going to be possible to correctly test future
webapps (or the technologies that they will be based on).