Re: CTG: print version

From: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 14:27:30 +0200
To: Eduardo Casais <casays@yahoo.com>
CC: public-bpwg@w3.org
On 10/24/2010 09:51 PM, Eduardo Casais wrote:
> A belated question: will there be a PDF (nicely printable) version of the CTG document?

Other specifications are available in alternative formats, including PDF and Postscript, e.g. the HTML 4.01 recommendation [1]), so that's definitely possible and it is a good idea. Alternative versions are non-normative and should not be formally referenced.

Printing out the document as a PDF document already results in a "nice" document, although it could certainly be improved, in particular with a proper table of contents with page numbers.

It is a bit late though. If you can provide me with such a nice PDF version of the document (US letter and A4 format) by end of day, I might be able to add a link to them before publication. Otherwise, I suggest  we don't postpone the publicationof the specification any longer.

I note that this idea also works for the Mobile Web Application Best Practices specification. Again, if someone can help me generate a nice PDF version of the specification, it could be linked from the beginning of the specification as an alternative version.

Francois.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/