Re: CT - interacting with the user

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:37:54 +0200, Jo Rabin <jrabin@mtld.mobi> wrote:

> Chaals
>
> The requirement on the proxy only kicks in when they are doing things
> that mean they are stepping out from behind the transparency you discuss.

No, the transparency I discuss is not the one mentioned in the spec, but
the fact that the user isn't generally in direct communication with the
proxy (the user agent is), but is getting presented something that
purports to be the content s/he is looking for, as transformed by the
proxy.

> So I'd prefer to remain silent on this. Many of the proxies we are
> talking about in this case, do in fact communicate directly with the
> user. I don't think we should mandate the nature of the communication.

Well, as I understand it we are mandating a set of interactions by
requiring the proxy to get some information from the user, or give the
user some information. Is it sufficient to deliver these in a terms of
service agreement, or do we mean that these should be live interactions
during the browser session?

And if we mean the latter, what are the minimum ways to satisfy this - is
it sufficient to add a link back to the proxy for warnings and
interactions somewhere after the bottom of the content the proxy is being
asked to present, or do these need to be visible warnings presented before
the page itself?

I agree that we should be very conservative in mandating interaction
behaviour, but I think in the current draft we are simply underspecifying
requirements, and since I believe that a terms of service agreement
satisfies the current draft, but I believe that is not what the group has
in mind, I think we need to get a bit more clarity on this.

cheers

Chaals