Re: CT: URI patterns

From: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 09:07:59 +0100
To: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
CC: Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group WG <public-bpwg@w3.org>
If you'll forgive me crossing my boundaries here...

Appendix E assumes that everyone understands what *.mobi means. I agree
with Charles that other patterns are, de facto, associated with mobile.

Without wishing to add to the burden, one could make this idea a little
more extensible and less arbitrary with reference to [1]. This uses some
EBNF written originally by the folk now working on the widgets specs, to
define URI patterns. We use it in POWDER but we didn't write it.

Something like 'following the method for defining URI patterns as given
in POWDER Grouping of Resources, we note the following patterns...'

Phil.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-powder-grouping-20090901/#wild

--

Phil Archer