Re: Reaching a final version of Addendum to BPWG

I have only a couple of very minor observations.

1) the punctuation used to end bullets and numbered lists is not
consistent (the predominant style seems to be to end with a ".")

2) Under "Evaluation" the formula "Verify that" is used pretty
consistently up to about 3.8. After that it seems to be mainly "Check
if". This is not really a problem, because the interpretation is usually
"check that the following is true", like "verify that". However in a
couple of cases this is not the case, e.g. 3.23:

Submit the form without selecting any item. This will ensure that
defaults, such as preselected values, will be used:

Check if the response is an error page.
Check if the response is a page asking the user to fix some data.
Check if the response, incorrectly, is the original page.
If there are text or textarea elements that include a default value
telling the user what to enter, check that these values do not have to
be manually deleted in order for them not to be processed as user input.

to the pedantically minded, this leaves room for doubt, as "Check if the
response is an error page" if read in the same light as other similarly
worded injunctions, could be assumed to mean "Verify that the response
is an error page" whereas what is actually intended is "Verify that the
response is NOT an error page".

I think the document would actually benefit from a small amount of
tidying up in that area - maybe to use "verify that" throughout.

3) the names of elements and attributes might benefit from <code> treatment.

4) Capitalization of some of the sub-heads e.g. Use of color => Use of
Color, Examples of informal evaluation => Examples of Informal Evaluation

I'd offer to do something on this but have my work cut out trying to do
a new draft of CT by next week.

Jo