Re: [agenda] Agenda for tomorrow's call

 > We could point to WCAG 2; the "Techniques for WCAG 2" document says
 > "Using CSS to include decorative images":

I think that the WCAG technique is saying "if you want to use images
that don't require alternative text, you can use CSS," but the BP says
"use CSS to create sprite images" and should add "if you do this then
you can't provide alternative text, so don't use sprites for
non-decorative images."

I think it would be useful to warn people to avoid failure F3: "Failure
of Success Criterion 1.1.1 due to using CSS to include images that
convey important information" [1]. I suspect that unfortunately this
excludes much of the intended scope of the BP.

cheers,

Alan

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20081211/F3

--
Alan Chuter
Departamento de Usabilidad y Accesibilidad