Re: ISSUE-288 (includeNonMandatedHeuristics): Should the Content Transformation Guidelines include a non normative list of mobile heuristics ? [Guidelines for Web Content Transformation Proxies]

From: Luca Passani <passani@eunet.no>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 23:58:56 +0100
To: MWI BPWG Public <public-bpwg@w3.org>

toxic nonsense, Tom. The  same kind which got you ejected from
WMLProgramming in the end.

The fact that a specification mentions (as part of an example!) that
some proxies may save some bandwidth (in 1999's Internet) by reducing
the size of pictures is *so* distant from what we are seeing today  with
transcoders (producing derivative work of content they have no rights
to, removing essential headers, adding banners and toolbars, breaking
HTTPS) that I wonder if you are simply trying to make fun of everyone here.

Either that or you deserve to go work for Novarra!

Luca