RE: FYI - "Mobile Web 2009 = Desktop Web 1998"

> He doesn't talk about transformation at all which is a bit
disappointing.

As a provider of such solutions, I also find this disappointing.
Transformation (at the origin server) is a well established and highly
successful solution, and when you have access to contextual information
this is actually a recommended practice.

Intermediate transformation, while often lacking the author's guidance,
can sometimes makes things better for diverse clients. (It can sometimes
make things worse, especially from the author's point of view, but
that's a separate matter of getting all parties to agree to when the
technology should be used, and when it should not.)

With this we currently have Web for mobile, accessibility, automobiles
and yes, even refrigerators. :)

---Rotan