From: Jo Rabin [mailto:jrabin@mtld.mobi]
Sent: 29 June 2009 22:30
To: Rotan Hanrahan
Cc: Adam Connors; Eduardo Casais; Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group WG
Subject: Re: MWABP: Revised text for Device Capability Detection.

Reviewing this thread, as you might do, late on a Monday evening I think
that:

a) irrespective of Bruce's points on CSS Media queries in answer to my
earlier questions - imo the points raised in this group's earlier
discussions on the topic have not been addressed, viz they are wasteful,
and poorly supported.

b) if there are any implementations of the relevant technologies, then a
footnote referencing DCCI and OMA DPE might be justified. But given that
this is a Best Practice document rather than a Speculative Practice
document I don't think any reference is warranted today - even given the
latitude we have given ourselves ref speculation on what is *likely* to
become best practice. To reference them now would be pure wishful thinking.

Jo