Re: ACTION-983: same-document reference

I forgot to talk about the note in section 4.2.7:
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/CT/editors-drafts/Guidelines/090622#sec-receipt-of-link-to-handheld

[[
Note that an empty href attribute indicates a "same document reference",
whereas the URI from which the document was retrieved does not. Need
confirmation or otherwise of this under Francois's ACTION-983
]]
This is not true. Same reference documents should not be retrieved either.

I would remove the note and amend the section to say:
[[
If the response is an HTML response and it contains a <link
rel="alternate" media="handheld" /> element, a proxy should request and
process the referenced resource, unless the reference is a "Same
Reference Document" as defined in RFC3986 section 4.4 [REF], e.g. an
empty href attribute or the URI of the HTML response.
]]

Francois.