RE: repository of ICS / testing mailing list.

This makes very good sense to me.

I neglected to include reference to the proposal in the agenda for
tomorrow but we should discuss it.

Just to focus on the banal for a moment, I propose
public-content-transformation-conformance.

No idea whether W3C has done anything like this before ...

Jo

On
> [...]
>

> I propose an addition to the "Conformance" section of the CTG.
>

> 1. SITUATION
>
> The CTG stipulate that conformant proxy deployments must formalize
> their compliance
> through an ICS. However,
>
> a) There is no independent organization in charge of testing proxy
> deployments,
> certifying their conformance and establishing an ICS. These tasks are
> left to the
> proxy operators themselves, which are therefore self-certifiers.
>
> b) The W3C does not intend to validate an ICS after the fact. Rather,
> the community
> of service providers and application developers is supposed to do so
> through testing
> interfaces provided by the proxy operators.
>
> c) Conformance to the CTG implies the production of an ICS, but the
> guidelines are
> mute as to how and where an ICS is to be made available.
>

> 2. ADDITIONS TO THE CTG
>
> The following text is to be included in a new section 3.5 "Repository
> of conformance
> information".
>
> "The World-Wide-Web Consortium sets up and maintains a public mailing
> list to
> disseminate and store information about the conformance of
> transformation proxy
> deployments against the present guidelines. The mailing list, which
may
> be moderated,
> fulfills the following purposes:
>
> a) An operator of a transformation proxy publishes
>    1.   the ICS and revisions thereof corresponding to its proxy
> deployment
> 	(possibly as a URI pointing to a public site of the operator
> where the
> 	relevant documents can be accessed);
>    2.   information about the testing interface to its proxy (possibly
> via a URI
> 	pointing to a site with the complete information about
> configuration
> 	parameters, conditions of access, etc);
>    3.   the announcement of discontinuation of a proxy and the
> retraction of its
> 	associated ICS.
>
> b) An end-user, a service provider or an application developer may
> publish
>    1.	a review of a published ICS with respect to its correctness,
> completeness
> 	and intelligibility;
>    2.   results of testing a transformation proxy against the
> guidelines through
> 	an operator's testing interface (possibly as a URI pointing to a
> site
> 	containing the complete description of the results, a ZIP
archive
> with the
> 	resources used for testing, etc);
>    3.   an assessment of the consistency of a proxy deployment against
> the guidelines
> 	on the basis of tests or experience reports.

determined]."