Re: MWABP: Revised text for Device Capability Detection.

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 18:45:01 +0100, Charles McCathieNevile
<chaals@opera.com> wrote:

>> Thanks. Added.
>
> More to the point, this calls into question the strength of "prefer
> server side techniques". While it is clear that those are more powerful,
> and can reduce the amount of content sent to the client, they are more
> complicated and are not necessarily available

> For the moment I will just flag the question - I am not sure how much it
> is worth changing the basics we have. But I think we should look at some
> kind of wordsmithing to clarify the point a bit...

I tried to give examples of the type of adaption possible but they haven't
made it into the draft
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/Drafts/BestPractices-2.0/ED-mobile-bp2-20090619#bp-devcap-scripting

How about

"CSS Media Queries: Media queries allow developers to apply style rules
depending on certain attributes of the device. See Media Queries [CSSMQ].
For adaptation that requires reformatting of layout, fonts, background
images, colours or hiding elements from mobile devices, this may be the
simplest method for the developer"

or some such?

bruce