RE: MWABP: Revised text for Device Capability Detection.

Although MQ has its limitations, in the hands of a skilled developer and a compliant browser, magical results can be obtained.  I agree with you that it is worth mentioning MQ in the list of client-side techniques, for completeness.

---Rotan

-----Original Message-----
From: public-bpwg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-bpwg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Lawson
Sent: 19 June 2009 11:35
To: Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group WG
Subject: Re: MWABP: Revised text for Device Capability Detection.

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:28:06 +0100, Rotan Hanrahan
<rotan.hanrahan@mobileaware.com> wrote:

Might we also wish to note the CSS media queries techniques for laying out
content differently according to different device capabilities?
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-mediaqueries/

AFAIK, various levels of implementaton are  found in Opera, Safari and
Firefox

bruce