3.1.2 Automatically Identify the User

From: Alan Chuter <achuter@technosite.es>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 13:49:16 +0100
To: Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group WG <public-bpwg@w3.org>
Regarding the comment "Why isn't this part of the previous section?" [1]
I think that perhaps this should come before 3.1.1 "Retain Information
For Personalization" as it is a prerequisite for it.

On the other hand the "What it means" section, "Ensure that
personalization information is available to the user with minimal
effort..." does seem to repeat the previous BP. Perhaps turning it back
to front would be more logical: "Using their identity, automatically
restore application preferences to ensure that personalization
information is available the user with minimal effort." but that's the
previous BP.

I think "What it means" is really "Don't oblige the user to enter
username and password every time if there's a way to avoid it."

regards,

Alan

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/Drafts/BestPractices-2.0/ED-mobile-bp2-20090101#bp-personalization-automation

--
Alan Chuter
Departamento de Usabilidad y Accesibilidad