Re: [CTG]: Novarra going for mobile sites too

From: Tom Hume <tom.hume@futureplatforms.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 13:56:11 +0000
To: Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group WG <public-bpwg@w3.org>

Luca

The point has been raised many times and challenged by parties more
qualified to give a legal opinion than yourself: Rigo Wenning, Legal
Counsel of the W3C asserted that the existence of, and respect for, no-
transform allows content providers to express their wish to avoid
transformation. Content owners have rights: they can be protected.

I believe that last time I pointed this out, you asserted that your
own opinion of the legalities should take priority, saying "in that
particular case, I believe I am more qualified than Rigo. A lawyer can
say that there must be a way for websites to tell transcoders not to
transcode them, but he cannot be more qualified than me in saying what
those ways should be"[1]

Tom

[1] See http://wapreview.com/blog/?p=1837

--