ACTION-904

From: Jeff Sonstein <jeffs@it.rit.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 07:54:15 -0500
To: member-bpwg@w3.org
Cc: public-bpwg@w3.org

just a quick note before the teleconf today
re feedback on the MWABP document
as per Action Ite  904:

there are more comments now
at http://chw.rit.edu/blog/?p=187
as per the action item requested
and there has been a spirited discussion
about the document
on Oxford Mobile Forum
and in other venues

it is *very* clear there is a community consensus
about the whole secure URI access issue...
the stance taken by pretty much everybody is that
if a site says :
"this URI should be accessed via a secure connection"
then the "Best Practices" document should say:
"honor the requirement for a secure connection"

I agree wholeheartedly with this perspective...
we are building a "Best Practices" document
which may or may not be the same as
the current practices of one site/vendor or another
and that is okay...

"Best Practices" should reflect what *should* happen

my position on this issue has become:

if
a site says "use HTTPS"
then
the "Best Practice" we should recommend is "use HTTPS"

jeffs

--
Lyndon Johnson said the two things that
make politicians behave more stupidly