Re: [ACTION-908] good practice for login forms

Francois Daoust wrote:

> Sure, but we're not talking about a BP for the Mobile Web Best
> Practices (MWBP) recommendation here. We're talking about a BP for the
> Mobile Web Application Best Practices (MWABP) draft.
>
> There is no DDC in MWABP. See section 1.3.4:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/Drafts/BestPractices-2.0/ED-mobile-bp2-20090101#d1e256
>

> The goal of these additional best practices is to exploit devices
> capabilities when you know about them. For instance, many of the best
> practices only apply when the mobile device has support for scripting,
> and thus do not target DDC-like devices.

I see. Apologies for the confusion.

So does MWABP rejects the concept of a DDC and fully embraces the idea
that multi-serving is necessary?

if no, where is the MWABP DDC defined?

if yes, some of the practices listed may no longer be good practices in
case of multiserving.

Also, the spec seems to be sort of inconsistent with the CT stuff (a
transcoder may wreck havoc in the Json, CSS, scripting, XHR() that go
from the HTTP server to the client).

Thank you

Luca