Re: Validator

Gavin,

I can't be sure but it looks as if you're seeing the mobileOK checker as
a markup validation tool. It isn't. It's a tool that applies a series of
tests that, if passed, mean the URI is very likely to return at least a
functional user experience when accessed on mobile devices.

The tests are detailed in [1]. Valid markup is just one of the (20 odd)
tests.

And we certainly do not expect everyone to have different domains and
pages for mobile and desktop. Quite the reverse in fact. See the One Web
section of the Mobile Web Best Practices document [2], for example.

HTH

Phil.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/mobileOK-basic10-tests/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/mobile-bp/