W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-bpwg@w3.org > April 2009

[minutes] Tuesday 7 April 2009

From: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 16:36:10 +0200
Message-ID: <49DB64DA.1000809@w3.org>
To: Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group WG <public-bpwg@w3.org>
Hi,

The minutes of today's call are available at:
http://www.w3.org/2009/04/07-bpwg-minutes.html
... and copied as text below.


Short call. Resolutions:
- We don't know quite how much time we will need, or what we will be 
doing so we will review charter extension in May
- Review when to hold final F2F at same time as reviewing request for 
charter extension

Francois.


-----
07 Apr 2009

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2009Apr/0005.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/07-bpwg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           adam, francois, jo, tomhume, yeliz, DKA, Kai, DavidStorey,
           miguel, rob, SeanP, nacho_on_IRC

    Regrets
           alanc, manrique, SangwhanMoon

    Chair
           jo

    Scribe
           adam

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Review of F2F
          2. [6]Working Group Extension
          3. [7]F2F in November.
          4. [8]BP1.5 status.
          5. [9]BP2 status.
          6. [10]MobileOK Scheme Status
          7. [11]CT Status
          8. [12]AOB
      * [13]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

Review of F2F

    <jo> [14]Minutes - day 1

      [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2009Mar/0173.html

    <jo> [15]Minutes - day 2

      [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2009Mar/0174.html

    <jo> [16]Minutes - day 3

      [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2009Mar/0176.html

    francois: we should discuss schedule for next working draft of
    MWABP.

    francois: Day 2, CT. I have been actioned to investigate test suite
    to test conformance to same origin policy. Will send a mail before
    the end of this week to follow up.
    ... On topic of HTTPS, continued to agree to disagree. Resolution
    taken that there is no way to transform https content except
    rewriting links, but it is strongly discouraged.
    ... Day 3, Korean MobileOK trial.
    ... Gap analysis between MobileOK BP and Korean market presented. We
    passed resolution to accept regional variations of MobileOK.
    ... On relationship on WCAG and BP, working group endorses this
    document and is waiting for final approval to publish.

Working Group Extension

    jo: We won't complete our work by June, so we need to request an
    extension if we want to continue work. This needs a resolution.

    francois: We still have a little time so long as we are only
    extending the deadline. We should wait to see where we are at and
    request only the months we are going to need and not more. The
    process should be fast enough to make this request end of May.

    <jo> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: We don't know quite how much time we will
    need, or what we will be doing so we will review charter extension
    in May

    <tomhume> +1

    <Kai> +1

    <EdC> +1

    <francois> +1

    <rob> +1

    <SeanP> +1

    dka: I wonder what work we will actually be doing during this
    extension. Will we really be doing WG work or simply shepherding the
    final stages of the document. In which case would rather avoid the
    additional f2f meeting.

    <yeliz> +1

    +1

    RESOLUTION: We don't know quite how much time we will need, or what
    we will be doing so we will review charter extension in May

F2F in November.

    jo: Poll indicated that West coast is not favourite location.

    <jo> [17]Poll on Nov F2F

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/37584/tpac2009/results

    francois: Have responded to cross WG questionnaire with expected
    participants = 12, but we expect to be finished by then in which
    case we won't attend.

    <jo> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Review when to hold final F2F at same time
    as reviewing request for charter extension

    <EdC> +1

    RESOLUTION: Review when to hold final F2F at same time as reviewing
    request for charter extension

BP1.5 status.

    <jo> [18]Live edited document

      [18] http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=d2vmqg3_0c469pzdh&hl=en_GB

    <francois> [19]Minutes of editorial meeting on BP1.5

      [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2009Apr/0004.html

    Kai: We had an editorial meeting and made a number of changes.
    Waiting final touch of word-smithing and to make document styles
    coherent.

    jo: Some outstanding questions about collapsing sections or removing
    some sections that don't work. In this final iteration we may move
    things around a little, but lets see how that goes.

    Kai: There is one more editorial session to agree on.

    <EdC> Is it to be completed before or after the MWBP?

    jo: MWABP and BP1.5 is asynchronous -- there is no dependency.

BP2 status.

    adam: Haven't had chance to act on changes from F2F yet, will do so
    this week. We can decide based on this new draft whether we are
    ready to make another public draft.

MobileOK Scheme Status

    jo: Having had discussion with Rigo, we are ready to make final
    changes to document. Jo will work on this over next couple of weeks,
    hopefully done by May.

CT Status

    <jo> [20]Open Issues and Actions on CT

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/products/12

    <jo> Issue-285?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-285 -- Does BPWG feel it can write Best Practices
    on links rewriting in the CT guidelines? Or that it cannot be a best
    practice? -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/285

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/285

    <jo> ACTION-925?

    <trackbot> ACTION-925 -- Fran├žois Daoust to ascertain the
    availability of tests that ensure that same origin policy
    conformance, when implemented in this way, can be tested -- due
    2009-04-02 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/925

      [22] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/925

    jo: This issue is still open, awaiting Francois' ACTION: 925

    <jo> ACTION-929?

    <trackbot> ACTION-929 -- Eduardo Casais to write an abstract for CT.
    -- due 2009-04-02 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/929

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/929

    jo: Some editorial actions on me, still in progress. ACTION-929 on
    Eduardo.

    EdC: Still to be done.

    jo: The rest are probably on me.

    francois: Two actions on me. Registration of x- headers, not
    blocking draft. Same origin tests is blocking.

    <jo> ISSUE-295?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-295 -- It is impossible to reconcile pragmatism and
    expediency with good practice -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/295

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/295

    jo: ISSUE-295, do we want to keep this in, in the light of continued
    discussions?
    ... We should just close it.

    <SeanP> Close it.

    <jo> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Close ISSUE-295 as we are unable to do
    anything about it

    <EdC> +1

    <tomhume> 0

    <jo> +1

    <SeanP> +1

    <tomhume> was suggesting (frivolously)... that keeping this open as
    a reminder to us and others might be helpful

    <tomhume> seeing as it's kinda core to the problems we're having

    jo: Okay, lets leave it for now.

    francois: Should review all the last-call comments to extract from
    the list the things that need editing. Need final draft before we
    send responses.

    <jo> ACTION: Daoust to review last call comments on CT to see where
    the responses need editing [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2009/04/07-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-956 - Review last call comments on CT to
    see where the responses need editing [on Fran├žois Daoust - due
    2009-04-14].

AOB

    jo: nothing further. until next week.

    <tomhume> bye all

    <nacho> bye all... have a nice easter

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Daoust to review last call comments on CT to see where
    the responses need editing [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2009/04/07-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 7 April 2009 14:36:50 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:43:00 UTC