RE: [Fwd: [wmlprogramming] I think we need to update GAP (accesskeys are now broken)]

Thanks for pointing this out Luca.

If any particular browser doesn't support access keys then that makes it
a "Deficient Implementation" in my opinion. I think it's a good idea to
provide access keys where they work. I guess it's possible that the next
version of this product won't operate in this way.

Jo

On
> Behalf Of Luca Passani
> Sent: 31 March 2009 23:32
> To: MWI BPWG Public
> Subject: [Fwd: [wmlprogramming] I think we need to update GAP
> (accesskeys are now broken)]
>

> Hi,
>
> I know I promised I would not care about Best Practices anymore, but
> you
> may want to hear about this latest development in Safari on Nokia's
> devices, because it breaks one of the BPs. Specifically, the one about
> accesskeys:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/mobile-bp/#ACCESS_KEYS
>
> In short, accesskeys are no longer a good idea and their adoption
> shouldn't be advocated, regardless of the fact that XHTML Basic 1.1
> accounts for them.
>
> Cheers
>
> Luca

(accesskeys