Re: A few more evaluation procedures for addendum to BP (ACTION-872)

Jo Rabin wrote:

> Oh, and I am wondering if we need an additional optional section:
>
> Variation on mobileOK Basic Tests
>
> e.g. to explain that the 20k limit is for the DDC and that it is often
> good practice to go beyond this for more advanced devices

I agree.
I think this section should be mandatory for each Best Practice that is
covered or partially covered by mobileOK, and that a link to the
corresponding test definition in the mobileOK spec would be a good idea
as well.

> On 06/11/2008 17:50, Jo Rabin wrote:
>> I think this looks fine, but I am wondering which sections we are
>> limiting the document to - I assume that we mean
>>
>> Relevant Device Properties
>> Additional Interpretation of the Best Practices
>> Evaluation Procedure (not Test)
>> Examples
>>
>> Only "Evaluation procedure" being mandatory, though I'd have thought
>> that Examples would generally be useful?

I agree with the list as well, and for a strong SHOULD for the
"Examples" section.
There may just be a couple of tests where examples may be hard to
define, e.g TABLES_SUPPORT:

http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/mobileOKPro/drafts/ED-mobileOK-pro10-tests-20081021.html#tables_support

Francois.