ISSUE-252 (Scope Document): Currency of Scope Document [Mobile Web Applications Best Practices]

From: Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 17:53:03 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-bpwg@w3.org

ISSUE-252 (Scope Document): Currency of Scope Document [Mobile Web Applications Best Practices]

http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/

Raised by: Jo Rabin
On product: Mobile Web Applications Best Practices

My ACTION-687 (from Seoul I'm afraid) was to raise an ISSUE on the currency of the scope document so that we can decide whether to reference it from BP-2.

It is referenced in the current draft [1]: 'These recommendations (MWABP) follow in the footsteps of the Mobile Web Best Practices (BP1), for which the scope was laid out in "Scope of Mobile Web Best Practices" [Scope]'

My view is that BP-2 was not envisaged by the Scope document with the subject matter that it now encompasses, and that reference to it does not contribute to its understanding.

I suggest that the reference is dropped and that, as I mentioned elsewhere, the wording "follow in the footsteps" be adjusted to be more precise about the relationship between the two documents.

Jo