W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-bpwg@w3.org > March 2008

Minutes of the mobileOK Pro TF Meeting from today

From: Scheppe, Kai-Dietrich <k.scheppe@telekom.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 11:07:23 +0100
Message-ID: <398533C370C23441981074C456AA3BDD031DB07D@QEO00226.de.t-online.corp>
To: "Mobile Web BP Pro list" <public-bpwg-pro@w3.org>, <public-bpwg@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/05-bpwg-minutes.html
 
Below in text
 
  

  <http://www.w3.org/> 


- DRAFT -


Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group Teleconference


05 Mar 2008


See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2008/03/05-bpwg-irc> 


Attendees


	Present
	Alan, Dave, Kai, Phil
	Regrets
	Dan
	Chair
	Kai
	Scribe
	PhilA


Contents


*	Topics <http://www.w3.org/2008/03/05-bpwg-minutes.html#agenda>  

	1.	Feedback from TF about the Test Document
<http://www.w3.org/2008/03/05-bpwg-minutes.html#item01> 
	2.	Issues and Actions
<http://www.w3.org/2008/03/05-bpwg-minutes.html#item02> 

*	Summary of Action Items
<http://www.w3.org/2008/03/05-bpwg-minutes.html#ActionSummary> 

________________________________

 

 

<francois> trackbot-ng, start telcon

<trackbot-ng> Date: 05 March 2008

<drooks> zakin, drooks is really kai

<Kai> ScibeNick: Kai


Feedback from TF about the Test Document


<Kai> Dave: I like it

<Kai> Alan: Names of the BP Tests are confusing because they are the
same as the BP

<Kai> ...it makes it seem as if we are testing for compliance with BP

<Kai> How would you suggest to change that?

<Kai> Alan: needs to be clear and easy to see which BP they refer to

<Kai> They have a link at each test that links to the BP. Is that not
enough?

<Kai> Alan: it's helpful but may be confusing

<Kai> ...we try to cram too much into each test

<Kai> Phil: There was a lot of discussion about that the BP could be
improved. There is no easy answer. We should come up with the best tests
we can.

<Kai> ...we could say on top of the document that is intended to improve
mobile Web

<Kai> ....there is some disconnection between what we and the BP doc,
but that is ok.

<Kai> ...we are going a bit furhter than what BP says. We should allow
ourselves to go beyond that.

<Kai> Alan: I agree but these tests should stand on their own.

Kai: Originally asked for feedback on the doc
... I still have to work in the part about the background-images
... We've heard nothing from the rst of the group

PhilA: Was it discussed in Seoul?

kai: Not sure

PhilA: My guess is that one of the group needs to be sure to take part
in the next telecon and ask Jo/Dan to put it on the agenda

<Kai> ACTION: Kai to ensure that mobileOK Pro Tests doc is put on BPWG
agenda [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/05-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-704 - Ensure that mobileOK Pro Tests doc is
put on BPWG agenda [on Kai Scheppe - due 2008-03-12].


Issues and Actions


Issue: http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/116

PhilA: This was last year
... ; My belief is that this is partyially testable. Alan?

Alan: Yes, it's testable but not reproducible as it's open to
interpretation
... The range of devices bit is very difficult

Kai: It's not in the doc, was that an oversight?

Alan: It's easy to test it's just hard to come up with a benchmark

Kai: It's a matter of definition
... What actually is TC?
... To me, in simple terms, changing layout, the idea of what it is
about shouldn't change
... If it's about shoes on a desktop, it's about shoes on a mobile

<Kai> Phil: I could envision child porn being shown on a mobile but
clean content on a desktop...so I see it as important.

<Kai> ...consitency can also be based on the device making the request.

Kai; We have TC on 2 levels - one is the theme, and the other is on the
device context

Kai: It comes down to the end user not being given content s/he didn't
expect or want

<scribe> ACTION: Phil to create examples for Thematic Consistency
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/05-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-705 - Create examples for Thematic
Consistency [on Phil Archer - due 2008-03-12].

Kai: Can everyone look at the actions and set to pending please?

action on everyone...

<scribe> Meeting: MobileOK Pro Task Force


Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Kai to ensure that mobileOK Pro Tests doc is put on BPWG
agenda [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/05-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Phil to create examples for Thematic Consistency [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/05-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

________________________________

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm>
version 1.133 (CVS log <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/> )
$Date: 2008/03/05 10:04:25 $ 
________________________________


Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]

This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133  of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51  
Check for newer version at 
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/> 

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/shows/shoes/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: PhilA
Inferring Scribes: PhilA
Default Present: +0788776aaaa, Phil, Kai, drooks, alan, Phil_Archer
Present: Alan Dave Kai Phil
Regrets: Dan
Found Date: 05 Mar 2008
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2008/03/05-bpwg-minutes.html
People with action items: kai phil

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


[End of scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm>
diagnostic output] 



Received on Wednesday, 5 March 2008 10:08:47 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 5 March 2008 10:08:47 GMT