Re: ACTION-767: Confirm the EXACT wording of the proposed change to the user agent header on list

Jo Rabin wrote:
> My understanding of the discussion was that we started from that and
> then went on to what is discussed below - which I believe is what is
> said in the resolution. I prefer what we have now, as it seems, do you.

Well, I prefer as well.

> I think it better not to specify the "string" it starts with because
> that in fact implies something about the spaces and other theoretically
> insignificant things to my mind.

OK, it's just that I still don't see why we can't impose the beginning
of the string.

Knowing that:
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/mobileok-ddc)
... and then implementers may add whatever they want to the end of the
string.

That being said, since the first product token is perfectly defined as
"W3C-mobileOK/DDC-1.0", the proposed text is totally fine!

Francois.