Re: More clarifications on object processing

Gosh this is hard to get right ... I missed a warn in the proposed
Object Element Processing Rule:

New Proposed Text

3.15.1 Object Element Processing Rule

Proposed Text

For each object element that has no object element ancestor in this
context (excepting the context node itself):

     If there is no type attribute, warn

     If the object element is empty, warn

     If the content of the object element consists only of white space, FAIL

     Retrieve the referenced resource (ignoring the type attribute)

 If the content type of the retrieved resource is not "image/jpeg" or
"image/gif", warn

 If the content type of the retrieved resource does not match that
stated in the type attribute, warn

         For each img element that has no object element ancestor in this
context:

             If the content type of the img element is not "image/jpeg"
or "image/gif", FAIL

         Reapply this rule using the current object element as the context

     Note

     A warning is issued when the content type is not compatible with the
Default Delivery Context because some user agents do not take into
account the type attribute of object elements and this may cause the
user agent to retrieve very large incompatible objects with consequences
to performance and cost.

     Note

     A 406 status on retrieval of a resource referenced by an object
element does not constitute a FAIL.

[also make corresponding change to 2.4.3 HTTP Response]