Re: ISSUE-234 (Object Tasting): PAGE_SIZE_LIMIT Should Objects Tasted count towards the overall page weight [mobileOK Basic tests]

Le vendredi 18 janvier 2008 à 00:08 +0000, Mobile Web Best Practices
Working Group Issue Tracker a écrit :
> ISSUE-234 (Object Tasting): PAGE_SIZE_LIMIT Should Objects Tasted count towards the overall page weight [mobileOK Basic tests]
>
> I am concerned that while we add the size of redirections to the total
> page weights we ignore the size of nested objects. Dom says that it's
> only a HEAD that is done to taste the content. I am guessing wildly
> that this is not in practice so.

I think you're probably right; what I think is fair to assume, though,
is that when the type attribute is set to something that the browser
knows it doesn't know, it won't try to download it and directly skip to
the fallback content.

So maybe this could be the basis under which we decide to add or not the
content of the object to the total downloaded size?

(that said, I think it's also something that can wait mobileok 1.1; it's
not such a widespread problem out there AFAICT).

Dom