Re: ISSUE-231: MINIMIZE should take into account whitespace in CSS [mobileOK Basic tests]

Le vendredi 18 janvier 2008 à 00:43 -0500, Sean Owen a écrit :
> @media screen stylesheets would not, in theory, get downloaded, so I
> don't think it would be counted as overhead?

I think Jo was thinking to a single style sheet which would contain:
        @media screen {
        [100k worth of screen-only rules]
        }

        @media handheld {
        [1 rule]
        }

I agree with the assessment that this should be counted as overhead (the
same way with count comments in HTML markup).

But I think we shouldn't integrate CSS into MINIMIZE at this stage in
the process; I'm fairly sure there would be quite a few details to iron
out, and this would delay the release of the spec.

(I think our current suggestion that this be indicated as an information
by tools that wish to do so is a good one - that we'll probably
implement the W3C checker; and it will always be time to do a mobileok
1.1 where you can fail because of this if we think this is really
important)

Dom