Re: ISSUE-237 (Define Mobile Web Applications)

thank you for the details comments...
I am new here
so feel free to tell me to listen more and chat less
<grin/>

On Feb 21, 2008, at 1:03 PM, Holley Kevin (Centre) wrote:

> Thanks but I still have some questions:

certainly

> 1. What does "web" mean?

"a system of interlinked hypertext documents accessed via the Internet"
and I mean "document" in the sense of something that can be
resolved to a W3C DOM or related resources

> 2. Why does a widget have to use cascading style sheets? - note that a
> web browser will not use CSS if the source material provided over http
> does not have CSS.

"allows the use of" instead??

want to insure all of MVC is addressed
[the data model, the view of the data, and the control of what happens]

> 3 why is your item 2 relevant - how can you tell the difference?

because the DOM seems to me to be an integral part
of how the W3C deals with modeling data

> 4. Your 4 doesn't apply to all http cases - see my 2 above

IMHO
MVC concerns must all be addressed

> 5. 5 and 6 look to me like they should be combined.

suggestion:
combine 5, 6, and 7

-----  snip  -----

     5. can operate successfully on handheld client devices
     which may move and which may experience intermittent,
     relatively slow, and relatively expensive network
     connectivity

-----  snip  -----

jeffs

--
"I remember Djindjic said, 'If you are forced
to eat frogs, take the biggest one first.' But

Prof. Jeff Sonstein
Director, MS-IT Program

http://www.it.rit.edu/~jxs/
http://ariadne.iz.net/~jeffs/