RE: ISSUE-237 (Define Mobile Web Applications): What is the definition of a "Mobile Web Application" for the purposes of BP2? [Mobile Web Applications Best Practices]

Kai,
As I said on the call, the underlying environment in which a web
application runs in should not be a limiting factor. MIDP is an
execution environment for example, similar to a native OS in that it
provides application support services such as API's for network access.
There are popular web browsers that run under MIDP, and these should be
also in scope.

Our intent is to provide practical guidance to developers of web
technology based applications in general as you have defined them, i.e.
that provide a content presentation and interaction experience for
users.

I don't see the value of limiting this to specific "types" of
applications or execution environments (e.g. one in which DOM is the
main way of interacting with the environment), but I do see the value of
using the browser as a typical/example frame in which to discuss best
practices that are more widely applicable (this was specifically the
resolution in the Nov F2F).

Best regards,
Bryan Sullivan | AT&T | Service Standards
bryan.sullivan@att.com