RE: FW: ACTION-660: Input to BP2, on Security and Privacy

Sean,
I do think the wonderful/problematic capabilities (in the mobile
context) of advanced browsers as enabled by browser engines such as
webkit, should form the core of our focus in BP2.

I suggest that as we develop these recommendations, we consider
statements re their applicability to web applications running outside
the conventional concept of a web browser. There are a number of
examples e.g. in http://people.w3.org/mike/planet/handheld/ where the
market is quickly in this direction. I have seen a variety of production
service examples already, which means that it is real.

But fundamentally I do agree with you: let's focus on the advanced
browser first, as an example of a user agent that runs atop advanced web
runtime engines.

But I believe we will also find that the best practices we develop are
of direct importance/usefulness to developers of other web applications
running on top of the same advanced web runtime engines.

Best regards,
Bryan Sullivan | AT&T